April 24, 2023 - April 26, 2023
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
SWAT Sniper Overwatch
Sniper Overwatch for SWAT Operations is an advanced 24 hour, three-day course designed to enhance sniper confidence supporting SWAT Operations through training conducted in realistic urban environments.
Confirmation of the sniper’s basic skills and weapon system capabilities immediately proceeds to best methods utilized to improve delivery of rapid and accurate fire when balanced against constraints of the environment and critical time available.
Use of slings, tripods, expedient rests, vehicles, and other features are taught.
Culmination of training concludes with full mission profile exercises conducted in an actual urban setting and integration of live-fire sniper support with assault team activities.
Skills and procedures enhanced in this course include the conduct of observation, sniper-initiated assault, and spontaneous precision response for typical SWAT missions which include but are not limited to;
High risk warrant service
This is an advanced course. The sniper is held to the standard of 100% shot accountability. Failure to demonstrate or maintain standards will result in the sniper being allowed to continue training, but will not be allowed to participate in live-fire integration scenarios.
- Sniper weapon system capable of 1 MOA or better precision. Many semi-auto systems do not meet this requirement when challenged. Know your true capabilities. Policies regarding failure to maintain accuracy requirements are discussed above. This is not a DMR/SPR course.
- 120 rounds of duty or HPBT ammunition. Muzzle velocity must be below 3000 fps for use in stadium bullet traps. No armor piercing ammunition.
- All sniper gear. Tripods are basic sniper equipment. Minimal loaner gear will be available.
- PPE to include plate carriers and ballistic helmets. Sniper students will serve on entry team when not performing sniper role. All students will rotate through these roles during live-fire scenarios. You are not required to bring a carbine for use during assaulter duties.
- Confirmed dope from 200 to 25 yards in 25 yard increments.
- Electronic ear protection is mandatory at all Forge courses.
- Eye protection, clothing appropriate for all weather conditions
- Hydration and snacks. Bring your noon meals to the range.
- Pen and notebook for copious note taking.
Alliance Police Training Center
12251 Rockhill Ave NE
Alliance, OH 44601
RANGE FEE APPLIES:
There is a separate $25 PER DAY Range Fee that is due to Alliance Police Training Center at the beginning of TD1
This varies from class to class, however generally daytime courses start at 0900 on TD1. Low light and NVG courses generally start at 1900. If the course you are taking begins at a different time, we will contact you with that information at least 2 weeks before the course.
Travel and Lodging:
The local airport for Alliance in the Akron / Canton Airport (CAK). Rental cars are available there from all the major providers. Some students chose to fly into the Cleveland Hopkins Airport (CLE), which is a larger airport with more flight options, and is a 50 minute drive from Alliance.
The Alliance Police Training Center recommends hotel accommodations at the Holiday Inn Express on State Street in Alliance. Their phone number is 330-821-6700. Please ask for the Alliance PD rate.
More detailed information can be found at the Alliance Police Training Center website at alliancepolicetraining.com.
This course would not be possible without Joe Weyer and the Alliance PD crew, and our Corporate Partners, so please take every opportunity to support them.
In closing, we appreciate your support and are looking forward to training with you. Please feel free to contact us with any questions.
Life is Good
Chappy & Doc Spears