Sniper Overwatch Skill Builder
June 25, 2022 - June 26, 2022
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Sniper Overwatch Skill Builder
Sniper Overwatch Skill Builder is a two-day, 16-hour course, aimed at developing the skills necessary for the precision shooter to succeed from positions other than prone. Different than Sniper Overwatch Course—which is limited exclusively to attendance by LE and Military snipers—it is an open enrollment program of instruction, permitting the civilian student to learn many of the same techniques which are applicable to hunting and other applications where the prone position is not available to the shooter.
Emphasis is on best methods utilized to achieve accurate fire with precision weapon systems from 200 to 25 yards. Use of slings, tripods, expedient rests, vehicles, and urban features are taught. With the exception of sniper/assaulter team integration and procedures relevant to the LE and Military sniper, the same fundamental skills as taught in Sniper Overwatch are covered.
For the SWAT sniper preparing for Forge SWAT Sniper Overwatch or other advanced sniper courses, this is the training to develop the skills necessary to succeed in those courses as well as in actual deployment.
Prerequisites: Basic precision rifle course, Basic SWAT Sniper, or Military Sniper School.
- Precision weapon system capable of 1 MOA or better. This is not a DMR course.
- Confirmed 100 yard zero. Know your dope from 200 to 25 yards in 25 yard increments as appropriate for a sniper. We will not be collecting your data for the first time in the course.
- 200 rounds of precision ammunition, minimum. No Armor Piercing.
- Gear to include, sling, bipod, tripod and saddle, rear bag, day pack, and all basic sniper gear. There will be no loaner equipment. If you need equipment recommendations, we are happy to provide them. For a tripod, it starts and ends with the Shadow Tech/HOG Saddle 0311 tripod.
- Electronic ear protection is mandatory at all Forge courses.
- Eye protection, clothing appropriate for all weather conditions
- Hydration and snacks. Bring your noon meals to the range.
- Pen and notebook for copious note taking.
Alliance Police Training Center
12251 Rockhill Ave NE
Alliance, OH 44601
RANGE FEE APPLIES:
There is a separate $25 PER DAY Range Fee that is due to Alliance Police Training Center at the beginning of TD1
This varies from class to class, however generally daytime courses start at 0900 on TD1. Low light and NVG courses generally start at 1900. If the course you are taking begins at a different time, we will contact you with that information at least 2 weeks before the course.
Travel and Lodging:
The local airport for Alliance in the Akron / Canton Airport (CAK). Rental cars are available there from all the major providers. Some students chose to fly into the Cleveland Hopkins Airport (CLE), which is a larger airport with more flight options, and is a 50 minute drive from Alliance.
The Alliance Police Training Center recommends hotel accommodations at the Holiday Inn Express on State Street in Alliance. Their phone number is 330-821-6700. Please ask for the Alliance PD rate.
More detailed information can be found at the Alliance Police Training Center website at alliancepolicetraining.com.
This course would not be possible without Joe Weyer and the Alliance PD crew, and our Corporate Partners, so please take every opportunity to support them.
In closing, we appreciate your support and are looking forward to training with you. Please feel free to contact us with any questions.
Life is Good
Chappy & Doc Spears